CCTV cameras have become an essential part of society. They can be spotted in virtually every building, no matter where you go. Whether it is in the staircases of a mall or the room of an office or at an auditorium, CCTV cameras are everywhere you go.
CCTV cameras are used primarily for surveillance. Surveillance of the general public by law enforcement officials or employers keeping track of their employees’ movements, can be easily conducted with the help of CCTV cameras. They provide an easily looking glass into the world of other people without having to move from one place.
Considering the rate of crime in cities, this trend of CCTV cameras being everywhere is unsurprising. They are a safe way of keeping track of your environment. This is perhaps the reason why more and more people are investing in the best CCTV camera for home use.
When buying a CCTV camera, ensure that you do thorough research. These safety gadgets are available in various types depending on their uses. Dome cameras, for example, are meant for indoor day-time use, while day/night CCTV cameras can work in any light environment. There are multiple other archetypes to pick from, so remember to research thoroughly before you pick a CCTV camera that best suits you.
Once you have picked the ideal CCTV camera for yourself, you need to set it up appropriately. Here are some tips and tricks to follow when setting up your camera:
- Map it out: Have a map of the area you wish to keep an eye on ready. Decide which part of the area you would like to install your camera in. Ensure you keep in mind smaller spots such as the different corners of each room or a blindspot near your door etc. Cameras should be fixed in a place where they are both not noticeable by people in the area, and they can cover maximum angles.
- Environment: Keep in mind the environment your cameras are most fit for. Not all cameras can survive in outdoor environments and not all cameras provide good images of indoor subjects. If you require surveillance of an outdoor setting, ensure your camera is well suited to survive diverse weather conditions.
- Package deal or individual: CCTV cameras require other systems for their function to be complete- power cords, a computer that holds the videos and their backup, storage to keep your video data, among other gadgets and hardware. You will also very likely require multiple cameras to monitor certain areas. CCTV cameras along with the necessary hardware can be bought in package deals. Buying a package deal can make the process of setting up easy for you. However, if you prefer to personalize your setup, buying individually is a good idea.
- Set it up: You will need a digital video recorder that can be connected to your cameras to store and watch the footage. Cameras come with wifi, Bluetooth, and other connectivity options; accordingly, set up your CCTV cameras to stock the video feed in your system. Mount your camera according to the instructions of the product – some have an adhesive pad on the back, others may require screwing it into the wall using nails. Remember to keep space for hardware like connecting wires. These should be installed neatly in a way that they remain discreet.
- Wireless: If your camera is wireless, utilizing wifi and Bluetooth to work, ensure you set it up correctly before fixing it in place.
- Testing 1-2-3: Remember to test all gadgets of your set up, including the CCTV cameras, the system they are attached to, the wires, etc. to make sure they work well before you go through the process of setting them up. It would be tedious to remove it and start over in case a device is faulty!
As mentioned above, CCTV cameras are the best gadget for conducting thorough surveillance of any area. Below are a few reasons CCTV cameras are so widely loved:
- Living alone: Increasingly, more and more people are moving out of their family homes and choosing to live alone. People are moving out for various reasons, especially to live closer to their workplace. However, living alone comes with multiple safety concerns. Gone are the days when you would be unable to check who was at your door without going closer. Just install a CCTV camera on the outside of your home and monitor who is visiting you at any time of the day.
- Improve Employee Productivity: Using CCTV cameras, business owners can keep a track of their employees’ routines. They can monitor activities that may be keeping them from working efficiently and figure out how to tackle such issues. Additionally, any workplace offenses such as theft, harassment, etc can be monitored and dealt with adequately since the evidence would be readily available.
- Pocket-friendly: CCTV camera setups can help you survey your surroundings without the additional costs of hiring people to do the work. Additionally, these gadgets are more efficient at watching an area as they require no downtime or breaks- they work continuously to give you the information you need.
- Monitor deliveries: Not all camera functions are about security and safety. CCTV cameras are a great way to manage deliveries of your package while you’re not home. If you have a setup that is attached to a microphone, you can easily guide delivery personnel on where to leave any parcels you receive. In case of any breakage, you can easily report it with proof!
CCTV cameras have become a banal part of life. They offer easy, cheap surveillance that can help you feel safe and keep an eye on things. Invest in a setup and get yourself the security you require!
A passionate blogger and technology hunger by Mind. I have more than 15 years of experience in tech product research and consumer relation. Started BestDigiProduct as Journey to connect Consumers to the right product. The mantra of life is “Life is like ice cream, eat it before melting”.